Whether you’re new to sales or just new to digital media sales, this intensive two-day course will help you take your career to the next level. The course focuses on the key areas of understanding you need to have know in order to be a successful and knowledgeable digital media salesperson:
1) Comprehending the Digital Advertising Ecosystem
2) Prospecting and Conducting a Client Needs Analysis
3) Presentation Skills (written and oral)
4) Managing Digital Advertising Campaigns and Analyzing Campaign Performance
5) Building your Personal Brand/Thought-Leadership
Through a combination of instructor lead analysis of these topics and exercises (get ready to participate!), attendees will come away with an elevated knowledge of digital media, the sales process and what soft skills are required to take your career to the next level.
Who Should Attend?
Sales teams at publishing organizations (digital or traditional). Perfect if you’re part of a publisher or network sales team and want to effectively sell online advertising and the benefits of digital.
Also a good prep course for those who are preparing to take the Digital Media Sales Certification exam.
Dates and Locations
**LOOK FOR NEW DATES COMING FOR 2022**
If you have any questions about participating remotely or if you have a question about the course, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Course includes a break for lunch.
- Course end times may vary.
- All courses times are EST.
Day 1 Agenda – The Digital Advertising Ecosystem
1.0 Explaining Marketing Models
- 1.1: Digital Media’s Canadian Footprint
- 1.2: The Consumer Buying Funnel
- 1.3: Traditional Marketing Concepts in Digital
- 1.4: Paid, Earned and Owned
2.0 The Digital Landscape
- 2.1: The Digital Media Ecosystem
- 2.2: Buy Side Landscape
- 2.3: Sell Side Landscape
- 2.4: Content Distribution
- 2.5: Programmatic Landscape
- 2.6: Programmatic Constructs
3.0 Digital Ad Formats and Platforms
- 3.1: Search Engine Marketing
- 3.2: Display Advertising
- 3.3: Mobile Ad Formats
- 3.4: Social Media Ad Formats
- 3.5: Video Ad Formats
- 3.6: Native Ad Formats
- 3.7: Audio Ad Formats
- 3.8: Mobile Apps
- 3.9: Cross-Device Usage
4.0 Digital Ad Measurement
- 4.1: Defining Success Metrics
- 4.2: Digital Campaign Types
- 4.3: Data Sources
- 4.4: Media Math
5.0 Key Digital Ad Tools and Tech
- 5.1: Research Tools
- 5.2: How Ad Serving Works
- 5.3: Ad Serving Tech
- 5.4: Media Measurement
- 5.5: Targeting Options
- 5.6: Attribution Information
6.0 Adhering to Compliance Policies / Standards
- 6.1: Advertising Laws
- 6.2: Privacy Laws
- 6.3: Anti-Spam Laws
- 6.4: Behavioural Advertising Laws
- 6.5: Viewability
- 6.6: Video Ad Serving Standards
- 6.7: Display Ad Standards
Day 2 Agenda – Selling Digital Media
8.0 Becoming a Client Expert
- 8.1: Conducting Brand and Client Research
- 8.2: Understanding your Value
- 8.3: RFPs (Request of Proposals)
- 8.4: Prioritize Objectives
- 8.5: KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- 8.6: Discussions you need to have before pitching
9.0 Skill Building: Active Listening
- Through a series of fun, interactive group exercises we’ll practice the art of active listening and discussion is role in sales.
10.0 The Proposal
- 10.1: The Proposal Process
- 10.2: Digital Media Pricing Models
- 10.3: Creating a Perfect Proposal
11.0 Skill Building: Presenting
- In this section we will explore practical things you can do to become a more engaging and persuasive presenter.
12.0 Launching and Monitoring a Digital Campaign
- 12.1: Timeline for Launch
- 12.2: Campaign Launch Checklist
- 12.3: Pacing and Optimization
- 12.4: Analyzing Campaign Performance
13.0 Skill Building: Growing your Personal Brand
- 13.1: Assessing your Strengths
- 13.2: Attaining the Status of Thought Leader
- Very informational. Couldn’t be more pleased with the success of this course & knowledge I have obtained. – October 2019 Attendee
- Thank you for the insightful Digital Media experience! I learned quite a bit, and have my trusty book to review – Kelly Selleck, Ricardo Media
- Thanks for a great course! Wow — a lot to take in! – Angela Jones
If an attendee cancels his or her registration more than 14 days before the date of the seminar, the amount paid for the cancelled registration will be refunded in full. Registrations cancelled within 14 days of the seminar date will NOT be refunded.
NOTE: Only 2 cancellations or registrant substitutions are allowed per company, per course. A charge of $100 will apply to each additional cancellation or registrant substitution.
In the event that IAB Canada needs to cancel any seminar(s), a full refund or an opportunity to attend an equivalent future seminar(s), at the option of the attendee, will be provided by IAB Canada. However, IAB Canada shall not be responsible for, or offer any monetary compensation for, any expenses incurred by the registrant or attendee (including, but not limited to, non-refundable airline tickets, hotel fees or change fees) due to such a cancellation.
Please provide 48 hours notice before the course if you wish to transfer to the next session or transfer to a different course. Requests made less than 48 hours notice will not be accommodated.
Your email confirmation represents receipt of payment and confirmation for your seat(s) for the course, workshop or seminar(s). You are not confirmed until payment in full is received by IAB Canada, and a confirmation email is sent to you.
All printed materials provided by IAB Canada are meant for the exclusive use of the individual attendee, and no portion of any of the printed materials provided by IAB Canada may be scanned, copied, reproduced or in any other way distributed or made available for use by anyone but the original individual registrant or attendee at the session(s).