The IAB Canada Digital Media Sales 2-Day course was specially designed for media sales people to better understand the media they are responsible to generate revenues for. We will cover everything from the technical aspect of digital marketing (advertising formats, technologies, media math, policy and standards) to the human elements of selling such as how to conduct needs assessments, creating a proposal, analyzing performance + much more!
The course will focus on the four key areas of understanding you need to have know in order to be a successful and knowledgeable digital media salesperson:
1) Comprehending the Digital Advertising Ecosystem
2) Selling Digital Media
3) Managing Digital Advertising Campaigns
4) Analyzing Campaign Performance
Through a combination of instructor lead analysis of these topics, mini-exercises and quizzes, attendees will come away with an elevated knowledge of digital media and the sales process.
What You’ll Learn
- Explore the online advertising ecosystem
- Understand where digital media fits relative to legacy media
- Get comfortable with the jargon (CPAs, BTF, RTB, NHT etc)
- How to prospect new clients
- How to prepare and present digital media solutions to clients
- Tactics for overcoming any objections clients may have
- How to create value for your clients
- What trends and technologies are effecting the industry today
Who Should Attend?
Sales teams at publishing organizations (digital or traditional). Perfect if you’re part of a publisher or network sales team and want to effectively sell online advertising and the benefits of digital.
Also a good prep course for those who are preparing to take the Digital Media Sales Certification exam.
- Very information. ]Couldn’t be more pleased with the success of this course & knowledge I have obtained. – October 2018 Attendee
- Thank you for the insightful Digital Media experience! I learned quite a bit, and have my trusty book to review – Kelly Selleck, Ricardo Media
- Thanks for a great course! Wow — a lot to take in! – Angela Jones