- Print + Web Combine To Drive Success For Tetley Tea
- IAB Canada Announces NEW! "Faces Of IAB Canada" and "Hump Day Bump Of Research Initiatives To Highlight What Works In Digital Marketing
- IAB Canada Announces NEW! Mobile Council, And New Partnership With Mobile Experience Innovation Center (MEIC) And OCAD University
- Canadian Mobile Advertising Revenue For 2009 Grows To $31.9 Million, 169% Over 2008 Totals
- IAB Canada Releases New Pay-For-Performance Ad Campaign Guidelines
- 2010 Canadian Online Advertising Revenue Grows To $2.23 Billion, Surpassing Daily Newspaper
- Canadaâ€™s Advertising Industry Releases Self-Regulation Framework For Online Behavioural Advertising That Ensures Transparency, Education, Choice And Accountability For Consumers
- Mobile Advertising Revenues In Canada Grow 93% Over 2009 Totals, To $52 Million In 2010
- IAB Canada Announces New Case-Study Partnership With The Nature Conservancy Of Canada (NCC)
- New Report From BrightRoll And IAB Canada Shows Agencies Expect Largest Change In Media Spend In 2011 To Come From Increases In Online + Mobile Video Advertising
- IAB CANADA Launches NEW! Online, Mobile + Tablet Ad Standards And Creative Specs For 2012, And Announces Unique Partnership With ADOPS Garage On FREE! Ad-Checking Tool
- â€śBad Companies Canâ€™t Hide Behind Good Ads Anymoreâ€ť Says â€śNaked Brandâ€ť Filmmaker Jeff Rosenblum, Lead-Off Keynote At Upcoming MIXX Canada Conference On March 27, 2012
- IAB Canada Adds 50 New Members, Announces New Chair, Board and Staff, PLUS Sets 2012 Agenda For Industry In Year-End Report
- IAB Canada Releases Detailed Mobile In Canada Report To Accompany IAB US Global Mobile Anthology
- IAB Canada Announces New Real-Time Bidding (RTB) Committee, And Launches RTB Event On May 22, 2012
- IAB Canada Announces New Western Regional Council And New Regional Director, Trevor Carr, CEO, Noise Digital
- IAB Canada President, Paula Gignac, Steps Down After Eight Ground-Breaking Years
- Chris Williams, Former Managing Director, SVP, Media Contacts Canada, Named New IAB Canada President
- BrightRoll and IAB Canadaâ€™s Second Annual Video Advertising Report Reveals Digital Video Increasingly Integral Part of Multi-Channel Advertising Campaigns
- Interactive Advertising Revenue Survey of sellersâ€™ 2012 actuals for Online, Mobile and Tablets
- IAB Canada Tops 240 Member-Companies, Announces New Board For 2011
- IAB Canada Announces Online Advertising Revenues Rise to $2.6 Billion in 2011: Estimated to top $2.8 Billion in 2012
- Canadian Mobile Advertising Revenue For 2008 Grows To $11.9 Million, 347% Over 2007 Totals
- 2009 Canadian Online Advertising Revenue Grows To $1.82 Billion; 2010 Budget Set At $2.1 Billion
- IAB Canada Creates NEW! Interactive Advertising Project Brief For Advertisers
- IAB Canada Releases NEW! 2010 Guide To Canadian Colleges + Universities
- IAB Canada Releases NEW! Canadian Interactive Advertising Salary Guide: A Global First!
- IAB Canada Elects Dawna Henderson Of henderson bas kohn As New Board Chair
IAB Canada Announces New Real-Time Bidding (RTB) Committee, And Launches RTB Event On May 22, 2012
TORONTO, ON. April 3, 2012 â€“ IAB Canada today announced the formation of its new Real-Time Bidding (RTB) Committee along with the launch of its industry educational efforts with a new RTB Event on May 22, 2012.
According to eMarketer, approximately 10 percent of Digital media ad impressions are already being bought via Real-Time Bidding within Ad Exchanges, but this figure is projected to ramp up to almost 30 percent by the end of 2015. And while basic Display (banner) advertising is currently the dominant format available through this ecosystem, increasing volumes of Rich Media, Video and Mobile inventory are being added on a daily basis.
Real-Time Bidding environments promise Advertisers and their Agencies easier ways to find very specific audiences in both Online and Mobile environments, plus decreased waste in the media buying process; for Web Publishers, benefits include better control of and yield from unsold inventory, transparency into the actual demographic and behavioural make-up of their users, and a better understanding of Agency decision-making processes and priorities.
â€śSouth of the border, Real-Time Bidding has moved from the ideation stage to significant ad spend in just two short years,â€ť says Paula Gignac, President, IAB Canada. â€śIn Canada, however, while experimentation within the ecosystem is now underway, more education and development of Canadian talent is needed in order to assist all parties in capitalizing on its promises — and thatâ€™s where IAB Canadaâ€™s new RTB Committee will come into play.â€ť
The group, who will be lead by Chair James Aitken, Managing Director North America, The Exchange Lab, will bring together veteran IAB Canada Publisher/Ad Network Member-companies including Google, Microsoft Advertising, Yahoo! and AOL; as well as similarly-established Agency Members including Media Contacts, Media Experts, OMD, Starcom Media Vest and Zenith Optimedia; plus, a host of new IAB Canada Members including Acuity, MediaMath and Pubmatic, who are all already working within the space either in Canada or across the globe.
Aitken comes to his role as IAB Canadaâ€™s RTB Chair with extensive experience in the space, having led IAB UKâ€™s Ad Networks Committee for three years. Aitken is intent on bringing the advantages of data-driven media buying to the fore-front of the Canadian ad industry in order to provide confidence in how the tactic can be used both to serve more relevant ads to Consumers, and also drive more ROI for all parties concerned.
â€śReal-Time Bidding will have a transformative effect on both media buying and selling in Canada,â€ť says Aitken. â€śThe goal of IAB Canadaâ€™s new RTB Committee is to make sure that that effect is as positive as possible, by giving Canadian companies information on both the changing landscape of companies providing services and opportunities in this area, and the shifting mechanics involved in implementing RTB for maximum gain.â€ť
For more information on IAB Canada’s new RTB Committee, please contact Julie Ford, Director of Councils, IAB Canada, at 416-598-3400 ext. 25, PLUS, register for IAB Canada’s full-day RTB Event on May 22, 2012, today!
IAB Canada (www.iabcanada.com), is the national voice and de facto thought leader of the Canadian Digital marketing and advertising industry, and is a not-for-profit association representing Canadaâ€™s most well-known and respected Advertisers, Agencies, Media Companies, Mobile and VideoGame Marketers + Developers, Measurement Companies, Service Providers, Educational Institutions and Government Associations operating within the space.