- Print + Web Combine To Drive Success For Tetley Tea
- IAB Canada Announces NEW! "Faces Of IAB Canada" and "Hump Day Bump Of Research Initiatives To Highlight What Works In Digital Marketing
- IAB Canada Announces NEW! Mobile Council, And New Partnership With Mobile Experience Innovation Center (MEIC) And OCAD University
- Canadian Mobile Advertising Revenue For 2009 Grows To $31.9 Million, 169% Over 2008 Totals
- IAB Canada Releases New Pay-For-Performance Ad Campaign Guidelines
- 2010 Canadian Online Advertising Revenue Grows To $2.23 Billion, Surpassing Daily Newspaper
- Canadaâ€™s Advertising Industry Releases Self-Regulation Framework For Online Behavioural Advertising That Ensures Transparency, Education, Choice And Accountability For Consumers
- Mobile Advertising Revenues In Canada Grow 93% Over 2009 Totals, To $52 Million In 2010
- IAB Canada Announces New Case-Study Partnership With The Nature Conservancy Of Canada (NCC)
- New Report From BrightRoll And IAB Canada Shows Agencies Expect Largest Change In Media Spend In 2011 To Come From Increases In Online + Mobile Video Advertising
- IAB CANADA Launches NEW! Online, Mobile + Tablet Ad Standards And Creative Specs For 2012, And Announces Unique Partnership With ADOPS Garage On FREE! Ad-Checking Tool
- â€śBad Companies Canâ€™t Hide Behind Good Ads Anymoreâ€ť Says â€śNaked Brandâ€ť Filmmaker Jeff Rosenblum, Lead-Off Keynote At Upcoming MIXX Canada Conference On March 27, 2012
- IAB Canada Adds 50 New Members, Announces New Chair, Board and Staff, PLUS Sets 2012 Agenda For Industry In Year-End Report
- IAB Canada Releases Detailed Mobile In Canada Report To Accompany IAB US Global Mobile Anthology
- IAB Canada Announces New Real-Time Bidding (RTB) Committee, And Launches RTB Event On May 22, 2012
- IAB Canada Announces New Western Regional Council And New Regional Director, Trevor Carr, CEO, Noise Digital
- IAB Canada President, Paula Gignac, Steps Down After Eight Ground-Breaking Years
- Chris Williams, Former Managing Director, SVP, Media Contacts Canada, Named New IAB Canada President
- BrightRoll and IAB Canadaâ€™s Second Annual Video Advertising Report Reveals Digital Video Increasingly Integral Part of Multi-Channel Advertising Campaigns
- Interactive Advertising Revenue Survey of sellersâ€™ 2012 actuals for Online, Mobile and Tablets
- IAB Canada Tops 240 Member-Companies, Announces New Board For 2011
- IAB Canada Announces Online Advertising Revenues Rise to $2.6 Billion in 2011: Estimated to top $2.8 Billion in 2012
- Canadian Mobile Advertising Revenue For 2008 Grows To $11.9 Million, 347% Over 2007 Totals
- 2009 Canadian Online Advertising Revenue Grows To $1.82 Billion; 2010 Budget Set At $2.1 Billion
- IAB Canada Creates NEW! Interactive Advertising Project Brief For Advertisers
- IAB Canada Releases NEW! 2010 Guide To Canadian Colleges + Universities
- IAB Canada Releases NEW! Canadian Interactive Advertising Salary Guide: A Global First!
- IAB Canada Elects Dawna Henderson Of henderson bas kohn As New Board Chair
IAB Canada Releases NEW! 2010 Guide To Canadian Colleges + Universities Featuring Interactive Advertising Courses And Curriculum â€“ Another Industry First!
TORONTO, ON. April 8, 2010 - The Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada today released its 2010 Guide To Canadian Colleges + Universities Featuring Interactive Advertising Courses And Curriculum, the first comprehensive look at how various educational institutions across Canada compare with respect to providing programs for students interested in entering the Interactive Marketing + Advertising industry.
A year in the making, IAB Canadaâ€™s 2010 Guide To Canadian Colleges + Universities contains both one-page and individual summaries of how various Colleges and Universities compare with respect to course availability in 10 key areas including:
- Interactive Marketing Strategy + Tactics (Display, Email, Search, Video, Social Media and Mobile Marketing)
- Interactive Media Planning + Buying
- Website/Interactive Ad Design
- Basic Programming (HTML/or Flash)
- Advanced Programming (HTML, Flash, Java, C++, etc.)
- Web Analytics
- Advertising Program Project Management
- Emerging Platforms (3D/Gaming)
- Emerging Platforms (Mobile)
- Ad Serving
The Guide â€“ presented in an Excel format â€“ is easy to use. For example, students looking to become experts in the Online Gaming area, simply click on either the College or University Summary tabs to find schools with Course availability in the Emerging Platforms (3D/Gaming) area. Students can then click over to the individual informational tabs for each school in order to see a listing of relevant Courses, and to read important notes about them. Within each schoolâ€™s informational tab, students can also click on any link, and be transported — not just to the schoolâ€™s homepage — but directly to the Webpage that describes that schoolâ€™s individual Emerging Platforms (3D/Gaming) Course or Curriculum.
â€śThere are three distinct audiences for IAB Canadaâ€™s 2010 Guide To Colleges + Universities,â€ť says Paula Gignac, President, IAB Canada. â€śFirst and foremost, the Guide is meant to assist students who are interested in Interactive Marketing + Advertising, and who are currently in the process of choosing undergraduate programs for 2011 and beyond. Second, the Guide is designed for businesses that are looking to hire in this area, and need to understand where they might find the best recruits for their organizations. Finally, the Guide can be used by any of the 103 Colleges and Universities reviewed within, to help plan Interactive Advertising Curriculum going forward.â€ť
At this time, IAB Canadaâ€™s 2010 Guide To Canadian Colleges + Universities Featuring Interactive Advertising Courses And Curriculum highlights undergraduate programs and courses only, and only provides an assessment of the quantity NOT the quality of relevant Courses available in each school.
â€śObviously, being able to assist students in understanding not just where there are Courses, but where those Courses and Curriculum are providing exceptional learning opportunities, is a place we want to get to,â€ť says Gignac. â€śWeâ€™ll aim to do that in future iterations of the Guide, and identify post-graduate study opportunities in the 10 interactive areas as well.â€ť
â€śIn the meantime, IAB Canadaâ€™s short-term goal is to assist Colleges + Universities across Canada in creating Interactive Advertising Curriculum that will help their students secure employment in an industry that topped $1.6 billion in annual advertising revenue in 2008; that may reach $1.75 billion when 2009 revenue reports are tabulated; and is struggling to find qualified people to fill positions that have arisen in response to the increased ad spend.â€ť
â€śLike our recently released Interactive Advertising Salary Guide, we know that what weâ€™ve created for Colleges + Universities is also merely Version 1.0 of a document and a program that will grow in 2010 and beyond,â€ť says Gignac.
â€śWe welcome any and all feedback on our 2010 Guide To Canadian Colleges + Universities Featuring Interactive Advertising Courses And Curriculum, and would like to take this opportunity to thank the Member volunteers who helped us complete the Guide, and also the educators who have already taken the time to review and polish our work to date.â€ť
Want To Learn More About Interactive Marketing + Advertising?
IAB Canada offers industry-leading Certification through our Intensive One-Day Courses in Interactive Marketing + Advertising, Social Media Marketing, Paid Search Marketing and Search Engine Optimization, with NEW! Courses in Mobile Marketing and Analytics to come!
See Events + Courses for more information.
IAB Canada (www.iabcanada.com), is the national voice and de facto thought leader of the Canadian Digital marketing and advertising industry, and is a not-for-profit association representing Canadaâ€™s most well-known and respected Advertisers, Agencies, Media Companies, Mobile and VideoGame Marketers + Developers, Measurement Companies, Service Providers, Educational Institutions and Government Associations operating within the space.