- Print + Web Combine To Drive Success For Tetley Tea
- IAB Canada Announces NEW! "Faces Of IAB Canada" and "Hump Day Bump Of Research Initiatives To Highlight What Works In Digital Marketing
- IAB Canada Announces NEW! Mobile Council, And New Partnership With Mobile Experience Innovation Center (MEIC) And OCAD University
- Canadian Mobile Advertising Revenue For 2009 Grows To $31.9 Million, 169% Over 2008 Totals
- IAB Canada Releases New Pay-For-Performance Ad Campaign Guidelines
- 2010 Canadian Online Advertising Revenue Grows To $2.23 Billion, Surpassing Daily Newspaper
- Canadaâ€™s Advertising Industry Releases Self-Regulation Framework For Online Behavioural Advertising That Ensures Transparency, Education, Choice And Accountability For Consumers
- Mobile Advertising Revenues In Canada Grow 93% Over 2009 Totals, To $52 Million In 2010
- IAB Canada Announces New Case-Study Partnership With The Nature Conservancy Of Canada (NCC)
- New Report From BrightRoll And IAB Canada Shows Agencies Expect Largest Change In Media Spend In 2011 To Come From Increases In Online + Mobile Video Advertising
- IAB CANADA Launches NEW! Online, Mobile + Tablet Ad Standards And Creative Specs For 2012, And Announces Unique Partnership With ADOPS Garage On FREE! Ad-Checking Tool
- â€śBad Companies Canâ€™t Hide Behind Good Ads Anymoreâ€ť Says â€śNaked Brandâ€ť Filmmaker Jeff Rosenblum, Lead-Off Keynote At Upcoming MIXX Canada Conference On March 27, 2012
- IAB Canada Adds 50 New Members, Announces New Chair, Board and Staff, PLUS Sets 2012 Agenda For Industry In Year-End Report
- IAB Canada Releases Detailed Mobile In Canada Report To Accompany IAB US Global Mobile Anthology
- IAB Canada Announces New Real-Time Bidding (RTB) Committee, And Launches RTB Event On May 22, 2012
- IAB Canada Announces New Western Regional Council And New Regional Director, Trevor Carr, CEO, Noise Digital
- IAB Canada President, Paula Gignac, Steps Down After Eight Ground-Breaking Years
- Chris Williams, Former Managing Director, SVP, Media Contacts Canada, Named New IAB Canada President
- BrightRoll and IAB Canadaâ€™s Second Annual Video Advertising Report Reveals Digital Video Increasingly Integral Part of Multi-Channel Advertising Campaigns
- Interactive Advertising Revenue Survey of sellersâ€™ 2012 actuals for Online, Mobile and Tablets
- IAB Canada Tops 240 Member-Companies, Announces New Board For 2011
- IAB Canada Announces Online Advertising Revenues Rise to $2.6 Billion in 2011: Estimated to top $2.8 Billion in 2012
- Canadian Mobile Advertising Revenue For 2008 Grows To $11.9 Million, 347% Over 2007 Totals
- 2009 Canadian Online Advertising Revenue Grows To $1.82 Billion; 2010 Budget Set At $2.1 Billion
- IAB Canada Creates NEW! Interactive Advertising Project Brief For Advertisers
- IAB Canada Releases NEW! 2010 Guide To Canadian Colleges + Universities
- IAB Canada Releases NEW! Canadian Interactive Advertising Salary Guide: A Global First!
- IAB Canada Elects Dawna Henderson Of henderson bas kohn As New Board Chair
TORONTO, June 5, 2012Â â€“ IAB Canada today announced that Chris Williams, former Managing Director, and SVP at Media Contacts Canada, has been named IAB Canadaâ€™s new President, and will take the reins of the organization beginning June 14, 2012, from Paula Gignac, who announced her planned departure from the organization in April of this year.
â€śThe quality of candidates vying for the job of being IAB Canadaâ€™s next President was extremely high, says Dominique-Sebastien Forest, Chairman, IAB Canada Board and Vice President National Digital Media, TC Media and Carolyn Cramer, Vice Chairman, IAB Canada Board and General Manager, Canada, Tribal Fusion. â€śBut when we looked at who had the Digital expertise, leadership qualities, and the deep relationships across all types of Member stakeholders, Chris was the hands down winner.â€ť
Williams, who has over 22 years of Agency experience (17 of it focused on Digital), led IAB Canadaâ€™s Agency Council for 4 years earlier in the organizationâ€™s history; has served on IAB Canadaâ€™s Board for the past 11 years; and comes to the position of IAB Canada President with a thorough understanding of both the industryâ€™s and the organizationâ€™s key issues and priorities. Williams gained his broad perspective on Digital via his Agency dealings with Advertisers, Publishers and a wide variety of Service Providers, and is also one of only a handful of Canadian marketing professionals who have spent time in production, creative, media and management roles. Williams also brings with him a track record of success in building organizations, having established Media Contacts in Canada, where he grew the Agency from 2 to 16 staff and with double digit revenue growth every year.
â€śItâ€™s a great honour and responsibility to be entrusted with the leadership of IAB Canada after Paula,â€ť says Williams.Â â€śI have seen the organization grow and mature under her guidance, and certainly the bar is set very high. And while challenges within the industry are substantial, so are the opportunities for Publishers, Agencies, Advertisers — and indeed all parts of the Digital ecosystem alike — as everything gets re-imagined and re-invented daily as it passes through Digitalâ€™s lens. I look forward to working with IAB Canadaâ€™s Members, Councils, Committees, Board and Staff to highlight these opportunities to all, and to help take both IAB Canada, and the Canadian Digital industry which we collectively represent, to its next level.â€ť
Williams takes the helm at IAB Canada as it continues its rapid pace of expansion and development, having added over 50 new Members in 2011 and 25 new Members in just the first 5 months of 2012. The organization has also held two sold-out events in 2012, with its spring MIXX Canada Conference boasting over 740 attendees, and its X-Series: Real-Time Bidding event at over 400 attendees as well.
â€śAs one of his Publisher references remarked in her letter of support for him, Chris is indeed the logical successor for President of IAB Canada,â€ť says Paula Gignac, outgoing President. â€śAnd at this important inflection point in both Digitalâ€™s and IAB Canadaâ€™s development, Iâ€™m completely confident and absolutely thrilled to pass the baton onto Chris, knowing how deep his knowledge and passion for all things Digital, and for IAB Canada and its Members runs. I expect that both IAB Canada Members and the industry will see great things from him in the very near future.â€ť
IAB Canada (www.iabcanada.com), is the national voice and de facto thought leader of the Canadian Digital marketing and advertising industry, and is a not-for-profit association representing Canadaâ€™s most well-known and respected Advertisers, Agencies, Media Companies, Mobile and VideoGame Marketers + Developers, Measurement Companies, Service Providers, Educational Institutions and Government Associations operating within the space.