- Print + Web Combine To Drive Success For Tetley Tea
- IAB Canada Announces NEW! "Faces Of IAB Canada" and "Hump Day Bump Of Research Initiatives To Highlight What Works In Digital Marketing
- IAB Canada Announces NEW! Mobile Council, And New Partnership With Mobile Experience Innovation Center (MEIC) And OCAD University
- Canadian Mobile Advertising Revenue For 2009 Grows To $31.9 Million, 169% Over 2008 Totals
- IAB Canada Releases New Pay-For-Performance Ad Campaign Guidelines
- 2010 Canadian Online Advertising Revenue Grows To $2.23 Billion, Surpassing Daily Newspaper
- Canada’s Advertising Industry Releases Self-Regulation Framework For Online Behavioural Advertising That Ensures Transparency, Education, Choice And Accountability For Consumers
- Mobile Advertising Revenues In Canada Grow 93% Over 2009 Totals, To $52 Million In 2010
- IAB Canada Announces New Case-Study Partnership With The Nature Conservancy Of Canada (NCC)
- New Report From BrightRoll And IAB Canada Shows Agencies Expect Largest Change In Media Spend In 2011 To Come From Increases In Online + Mobile Video Advertising
- IAB CANADA Launches NEW! Online, Mobile + Tablet Ad Standards And Creative Specs For 2012, And Announces Unique Partnership With ADOPS Garage On FREE! Ad-Checking Tool
- “Bad Companies Can’t Hide Behind Good Ads Anymore” Says “Naked Brand” Filmmaker Jeff Rosenblum, Lead-Off Keynote At Upcoming MIXX Canada Conference On March 27, 2012
- IAB Canada Adds 50 New Members, Announces New Chair, Board and Staff, PLUS Sets 2012 Agenda For Industry In Year-End Report
- IAB Canada Releases Detailed Mobile In Canada Report To Accompany IAB US Global Mobile Anthology
- IAB Canada Announces New Real-Time Bidding (RTB) Committee, And Launches RTB Event On May 22, 2012
- IAB Canada Announces New Western Regional Council And New Regional Director, Trevor Carr, CEO, Noise Digital
- IAB Canada President, Paula Gignac, Steps Down After Eight Ground-Breaking Years
- Chris Williams, Former Managing Director, SVP, Media Contacts Canada, Named New IAB Canada President
- BrightRoll and IAB Canada’s Second Annual Video Advertising Report Reveals Digital Video Increasingly Integral Part of Multi-Channel Advertising Campaigns
- Interactive Advertising Revenue Survey of sellers’ 2012 actuals for Online, Mobile and Tablets
- IAB Canada Tops 240 Member-Companies, Announces New Board For 2011
- IAB Canada Announces Online Advertising Revenues Rise to $2.6 Billion in 2011: Estimated to top $2.8 Billion in 2012
- Canadian Mobile Advertising Revenue For 2008 Grows To $11.9 Million, 347% Over 2007 Totals
- 2009 Canadian Online Advertising Revenue Grows To $1.82 Billion; 2010 Budget Set At $2.1 Billion
- IAB Canada Creates NEW! Interactive Advertising Project Brief For Advertisers
- IAB Canada Releases NEW! 2010 Guide To Canadian Colleges + Universities
- IAB Canada Releases NEW! Canadian Interactive Advertising Salary Guide: A Global First!
- IAB Canada Elects Dawna Henderson Of henderson bas kohn As New Board Chair
Canadian Mobile Advertising Revenue For 2008 Grows To $11.9 Million, 347% Over 2007 Totals
TORONTO, ON. June 2, 2010 - The Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada today announced that Mobile Advertising Revenues in Canada exceeded budgeted expectations of $5.2 million, and grew by 347% over 2007 numbers, to just over $11.9 million for 2008.
For 2009, Canadian Mobile Advertising Revenue is forecast to increase by more than 50% again, rising to an estimated $18.0 million.
Concentration Of Advertising Revenues
The top 10 Mobile Advertising earners in IAB Canada’s annual Survey accounted for 79% of Total Net Mobile Advertising revenues in 2008. This is consistent with levels recorded during the two previous years, ranging from 79-81% in 2006 and 2007 respectively.
Revenue By Advertising Vehicle
Mobile Content and Mobile Advertising (Display/Sponsorship) were the principal drivers behind the 347% increase in overall Canadian Mobile ad revenues in 2008.
Both Mobile Content and Mobile Advertising (Display/Sponsorship) experienced growth rates exceeding 2000% in 2008, propelling them into first and second place, with actual revenue of $5.1 million and $3.3 million respectively for each vehicle.
Mobile Messaging (SMS), the dominant Mobile advertising vehicle in 2006-07 is now in third place, even though revenues for this vehicle grew by 54% to $3.2 million for 2008.
Almost all (98%) of Canadian Mobile Advertising Revenues during 2008 were generated by these three vehicles. All forms of Mobile advertising are growing rapidly year-over-year, with the exception of Mobile Search, which was still virtually non-existent in 2008.
Revenue By Advertising Category
Among the nine product/service categories examined in 2008, Telecommunications campaigns accounted for more than one-half (52%) of all reported Mobile Advertising revenues in Canada. The next two largest ad categories were Packaged Goods (15%) and Automotive (11%), representing over one-quarter of the total 2008 Mobile advertising revenues. The Media/Entertainment, Retail and Technology categories were all in the 5-6% range, with Financial and Leisure both sitting at 2% of total Mobile ad revenue.
Mobile Advertising Growth As Compared To Growth In Online And Other Media
Because it is at such a nascent stage, Mobile advertising’s annual revenue growth rate is many times that of the mature major media, and over 10 times faster than even Online’s current growth rate of 29%.
So What’s Next?
“Although the number of responses that we needed to complete the 2008 Survey took longer than expected to bring in compared to our previous Mobile Revenue Survey, it was certainly worth the wait to see these new numbers.” says Paula Gignac, President, IAB Canada. “It’s exciting to be able to watch this channel catch fire as consumer time with Mobile devices increases on a daily basis.”
“IAB Canada and our Member-based Mobile Revenue Survey Comte. is committed to releasing revenue results ONLY when we feel confident that the sample’s completeness truly represents the Canadian market. So, now that we have the 2008 Actuals/2009 Estimated Mobile Revenue Report on the books, we’ll be back in field right away, in order to determine 2009 Actuals, and get an estimate of Canadian Mobile Advertising Revenue for 2010 as well.”
IAB Canada (www.iabcanada.com), is the national voice and de facto thought leader of the Canadian Digital marketing and advertising industry, and is a not-for-profit association representing Canada’s most well-known and respected Advertisers, Agencies, Media Companies, Mobile and VideoGame Marketers + Developers, Measurement Companies, Service Providers, Educational Institutions and Government Associations operating within the space.