Welcome to the IAB Canada Job Board!
Everyone can use this site to Find A Job, but you must be an IAB Canada Member to access our FREE! Job Posting service.
In addition to Posting Jobs for FREE!, IAB Canada Members receive Discounts On Courses + Events; get Access To Our Members-Only Knowledge Center and other Custom Research Services; can author Blog articles on this site; can Sponsor IAB Canada Events; and, connect to industry players at Invitation-only Networking Opportunities.
Not A Member Yet?
NOTE: Both French and English Job Postings for openings across Canada are listed below. Please make sure you know both the language requirements and actual location of the job before responding.
IQ PARTNERS INC.
Digital Copywriter (2857-89-MH201)
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Overall Accountability and Job Summary
Copywriter (CW) be adept at maintaining a consistent brand voice across channels, from the obvious, traditional, advertising tropes such as OOH and OLA banners, to modern, inconspicuous, opportunities such as error messaging and UI labels. S/he is a champion of engaging storytelling and has a natural talent for eliciting specific emotional responses from their audience, through language and humor.
The role of a CW is to work with the Copy Lead (CL), Visual Lead (VL), and/or the Creative Team Lead (CTL) on a given piece of business to help define and refine creative concepts and, ultimately, the accompanying copy assets that give voice to them. The CW follows design directions and guidelines from the CL and/or CTL for a given project, while following any and all technical specifications supplied by the Production Lead. S/he should be able to execute with precision any instructions given as well as iterate and expand upon direction when asked.
CWs should be comfortable working on copy decks alongside pencil and paper sketches for a great deal of their collaborative conceptual work as we prefer sketches and prototypes to detailed comps when working with other disciplines to invent solutions. S/he must have a personality and approach to creativity (read: flexibility) that lends itself to collaboration with other disciplines, and the passion to go the extra mile in their efforts to produce award-winning experiences.
• Tone of Voice Documents
• Copy Decks
• Concept Sketches
• Works closely with the CL, VL, and/or CTL to produce quality copy and help bring ideas to life
• Quickly generates copy options across multiple channels (websites, OLA, OOH, et al.), and works iteratively to refine them
• Works with the CL to creates and maintains on-message brand voices that shape a given engagement, campaign, or experience
• Creates tight, defined, copy decks for use by production talent
• Assists in creation of production assets for pitches, internal presentations, client presentations
• Proactive about learning and absorbing knowledge from peers, literature, or training sessions
• Passionate about all interactive surfaces including websites, smartphones, tablet PC's, touch screen monitors, kiosks, game consoles and interactive TV
• Works well with others, collaborates with peers and team leaders to create outstanding deliverables
• Possesses working knowledge of our creative processes and techniques
Required Knowledge & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree, or commensurate experience, required
• 2-4 years of related work experience
• Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented and well organized
• Ability to take direction and execute precisely, and on a tight schedule
• Ability to work well with peers, including Copywriters (CWs), Interaction Designers (IDs), Visual Designers (VDs), Developers and Strategists
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to provide options early and often
• Demonstrated flexibility to let go of ideas that aren't working while remaining solutions oriented
• Solid knowledge of digital communications channels and best practices for branded content within those channels
Internal Team Relations:
• Actively contributes to team meetings and brainstorming sessions
• Establishes working relationships with internal teams demonstrating open communication, tact, and diplomacy
• Manages their team leader's expectations of deadlines and scope for a given activity accurately
• Expresses oneself clearly and concisely in oral communications
• Writes in a clear and concise manner
• Presents work and ideas cohesively and beautifully
• Escalates barriers and problems to appropriate colleague for resolution
Leadership and People Development
• Approaches work with a positive, constructive attitude
• Actively seeks to bring important issues and questions to their Manager during 1:1s
• Shows respect for others and is open to contributions from a wide range of individuals
Star Qualities Necessary to Proceed to The Next Level
• Displays a passion and talent for one's craft, along with a desire to keep progressing
• Demonstrates persistence and tenacity in performing tasks and reaching objectives
• Is professional in demeanor, attention, and appearance, especially when in contact with the client
• Demonstrates expert understanding of applicable technical aspects related to delivering launch-ready digital creative assets, and how copy decks work within that framework
• Is a strong role player in team situations
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Finds opportunities where others see dead ends or mundane tasks, and in so doing maximizes the creative potential of every engagement, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant
• Willingness to go the extra mile to produce great work
• Demonstrates ability to be detail-oriented and well organized
Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience
Please send your .doc resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (or 2857-89-MH201@apply.maxhire.net) quoting "Digital Copywriter (2857-89-MH201)" or you may also apply to this position directly on our Candidate Portal (http://www.maxhire.net/cp/?E55868361D43515B7D511B65395C1B6D482676).
All applications are reviewed and if your qualifications match this opportunity we will get in contact with you.
IQ PARTNERS is a leading executive search and recruitment firm headquartered in Toronto. We connect smart people and great companies. We specialize in the mid-to-senior management level in the Marketing, Sales, Retail, IT, Financial, Legal, Consumer Goods and Services, HR, Operations, Communications industries amongst others.
We are dedicated to helping companies hire better, hire less, and retain more. Our head office is in Toronto, Canada and we operate nationally via the Aravati Global Search Network that we helped form.