Councils + Committees
Councils and Committees are an important focus of IAB Canada’s structure, and offer unique opportunities for project leadership, knowledge-sharing and networking across various areas of interest or specialization.
The Councils discuss larger industry and regional issues; the Committees determine best practices and standards; identify research gaps in various channels; and, with approval of the Board, establish the ongoing priorities for IAB Canada.
Please note that IAB Canada Councils are closed meetings at this time.
IAB Canada Councils include:
- Publisher Council – Steve Melles, The Globe and Mail
- Agency Council – Scott Atkinson, Media Experts
- Policy & Regulatory Affairs Council – Adam Kardash, Heenan Blaikie
- Québec Council – Samuel Parent, Vice President, IAB Canada
- Western Regional Council – Trevor Carr, Noise Digital
IAB Canada Committees include:
- Ad Networks Committee – Alex Gardner, Casale Media
- Ad Operations Committee – Ben Cormier, netProphets; Neil Houston, Shaw Media
- Emerging Platforms Committee – Peter Vaz, MacLaren M2 Universal
- Mobile Committee – Peter Vaz, MacLaren M2 Universal
- Research Committee – Virginia Pino, MediaCom
- RTB Committee – James Aitken, The Exchange Lab
- Search Committee – Nectar Economakis, Google, Sam Leung, The Aber Group
- Social Media Committee – Robin Hassan, Starcom Worldwide
- Video Committee – Peter Farfaras, Microsoft Advertising; Jouari Santiago, Shaw Media
If you would like to get involved in an IAB Canada Council or Committee, please Contact Us!, and we’ll add you to the appropriate Council or Committee distribution list and send you upcoming meeting invites.
NOTE: You must be an IAB Canada Member to join one of our Councils or Committees. If you are interested in membership, please fill out this form.